Review: Author Anonymous

Author Anonymous
Author Anonymous by E.K. Blair
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Princess-Elizabeth-300x252

small frame review

Author Anonymous is a raw and completely frustrating story that made me want

to0 fling my kindle against the wall several times.

Made me skip parts and shut off my kindle and walk away pissed…

exasperated, shocked and amazed…

only to run back to the story and read everything I skipped,

and then I couldn’t put it down… it consumed me.

It has taken me days…. DAYS!! to get my head wrapped around this story… I have had the hardest time putting into words the tilt-a-whirl of emotions I felt reading it… HELL, I am still feeling them.

I can honestly say… I have no clue if I loved it or hated it… and that shocked me… How can one story make me this insane… make me get really really upset… think hurtful thoughts like wanting to junk punch this chick and hug her at the same time to heal all her wounds.  After letting it simmer, I think I have a better handle on it.  Let me explain… I love dark, difficult angst filled books… my heart beats to the beat of bleeding hearts and souls in books…. I am not normal.. I know…  But here is the thing… Although I have read some really twisted dark stories… they are stories… they are fiction… I can separate (compartmentalize… whatever…lol) my feelings into knowing the fact that this human being who wrote this amazing story with their brilliant brain, made it fiction… fake… does not really exist!

Ohhhhh… but in this wicked story by the always brilliant E.K. Blair… I am shattered… no wrapping up this story in a neat little bow, because it is true… it is real… it is raw, hurtful, hateful and beyond scary.   Now that I am being so very honest… My gut deep feelings about the horrible, horrifically selfish choices she made, at some very secret level, made me realize the reality that is the majority of the women/wives/partners I know, (including myself) were in the very same situation, living this out as their real world… How many would not have done the same thing… lived out this life, no matter how messy and how bloody the battlefield of causalities it left behind…  Be honest… I would think that most of us might have just made some or maybe even all of the same choices…  and that my friends is the pang of pain I feel.  It is not that I hate this story.. it is that I hate that it could easily (too easily) be me… or you….

Ok.. take a moment to swallow that…

So knowing that this is based or is 100% the honest truth of a real life scenario…someone true world that does not have a song track or a safety net. And it absolutely does NOT have a pretty little happy ending wrapped up in a fancy bow, where all wrongs are righted and everyone lives happily ever after… that right there gives you a must read book… and BRAVO E.K. Blair and whoever you are Author Anonymous for pouring your heart and soul and letting it bleed out all over the pages…. all over this messy thing called life.

Check out all our reviews at http://bit.ly/2akqPZQ

View all my reviews


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment