A Shot at Forgiveness and Places in Time - Promo


A Shot at Forgiveness (Contemporary gay romance)
Sometimes to find love, you must first learn forgiveness.
A dozen years, two thousand miles, and a law degree after high school, Rafi Steiner continues to harbor resentment toward Isaac Jones, his childhood bully turned NBA star. When Isaac appears at Rafi's favorite restaurant acting like a long-lost friend, Rafi bluntly dismisses him.
But Isaac is tenacious and he has his heart set on the grown-up version of the boy he always wanted and never forgot. The way Isaac sees it, he and Rafi are perfect for each other, if only he could sink the most important shot of his life: his one shot at forgiveness.


Buy Links:
Excerpt:
“Rafi? Rafael Steiner, is that you?” a dick-hardeningly deep voice said from behind me.
I didn’t recognize the voice, but I put on my best smile as I turned around, hoping for a body to match the husky rasp.
“It is you! Rafi Steiner all grown up!”
I won the world record for turning a smile upside down the moment I saw him.
“Isaac Jones,” I said drolly, and then I turned back around. That was it. No “how great to see you” or “how have you been” or any other bullshit we’d both know I didn’t mean, because, honestly? Fuck him. I would have pretended I didn’t recognize him at all, but nobody would buy that.
At six feet seven inches tall, with two hundred and twenty-five pounds of pure muscle rippling under mocha-colored skin, closely shorn black hair, and a winning smile, there was no way to miss Isaac Jones. He’d been an intimidating presence as a teenager in our high school and that hadn’t changed as an adult.
_____________________
Places in Time (Contemporary gay romance)
A relationship-challenged actor unexpectedly finds love in the arms of his childhood best friend.
"Sexiest Man Alive" and Golden Globe winning actor Ethan Baker lights up the screen but fizzles in his personal life. When his latest girlfriend breaks up with him, Ethan turns to his one "forever" person - Jude Harrison. But as Ethan makes the familiar drive to his best friend's house, an unexpected detour and a bewildering passenger take him through places in time he'd long forgotten. Suddenly Ethan sees Jude's actions over the years from a different perspective, but it's his own reaction that's the biggest surprise.
Buy Links:
Excerpt:
“I always trust you,” Past Me said and dropped his forehead against Jude’s chest.
Jude lifted his large hand and stroked my hair, petting me gently.
“Mmm. Feels good. I like it when you touch me, J.”
“Not nearly as much as I like doing it,” Jude said with an unfamiliar huskiness in his voice. Then he stood and reached for Past Me’s hand. “Come on, Ethan, it’s time to go home.”
Past Me shook his head in an exaggerated back-and-forth motion. “No. Don’t want to go home. It’s big and white and cold. And you aren’t there. I hate it.”
Jude picked my hat and sunglasses up off the table and placed them gently on my head and face. “No, not your new house, E. I know how much you hate that place so I bought a beach house. It has a room just for you. I haven’t closed on it yet, but the owners were using it as a vacation home and they’re letting me rent it until all the paperwork’s signed. Their furniture’s still inside, so we have a place where you can crash and sleep this off.”
That seemed to pacify Past Me, because I slid out of the booth. And promptly proceeded to sway until I almost fell on my ass.
“Whoa!” Jude wrapped his strong arm around my waist and held on to me tightly as he walked me to the door.
______________
AUTHOR LINKS
email: cardenoc@gmail.com
Website: www.cardenoc.com
Blog: (Shared Blog) http://caferisque.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @CardenoC
Short Bio: Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ever-after sunset.

Heartwarming Stories. Strong Relationships. Forever Love.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment